Lion

"Alphie"

Azure and White

Violets

Badge

Crest

Diamond

History of Alpha Delta Pi​


 

Symbols & Traditions

Alpha Delta Pi is the first secret society for college women. It was founded on May 15, 1851 at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia. The original name for the sorority was the "Adelphean Society." Adelphean is derived from the Greek word meaning "sister". The name changed to Alpha Delta Phi in 1905 and then, to Alpha Delta Pi in 1913. Our original founders were: Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald, Elizabeth Williams Mitchell, Sophronia Woodruff Dews, Octavia Andrew Rush, Mary Evans Glass, and Ella Pierce Turner. The Epsilon Kappa Chapter is located at Troy University in Troy, Alabama. 

We Live For Each Other

and for

Alpha Delta Pi

At Epsilon Kappa, we strive to encompass all types of young and ambitious women. Our sisterhood is strengthened by our diversity, and we pride ourselves on accepting and welcoming everyone. 

© 2014 by ADPi. Proudly created with Wix.com